Professor, Language and Literacy
- Krasny, K. (2016). Toward an embodied account of double-voiced discourse: The critical role of imagery and affect in Bakhtin's dialogic imagination. Semiotica, (213),177-196. Semiotica (213), 177-196.
- Krasny, K. (2013). Gender and Literacy: A Handbook for Educators and Parents. Westport, CT: Greenwood-Praeger Press
- Krasny, Karen (2012). Taking patriarchy to task: Youth, YouTube and Young Adult Literature. In B. Guzzetti and T. Bean (Eds) (Eds.), Adolescent literacies and the gendered self: (Re)constructing identities through multimodal literacy practices. New York, NY: Routledge
- Kacer, K., Krasny, K., Gotlib, A., Gordin, S., & Nesbitt, S. (Eds) (2012). We are their voice: Young people respond to the Holocaust. Toronto, ON: Second Story Press
- Krasny, K. (2012). Between art and testimony: Transforming oral histories of Holocaust survivors into Young Adult fiction and creative non-fiction Oral History Forum d'histoire orale, 32, 1-17.
- Krasny, K. (2011). The book--kindle'ing for the mind Journal of the Canadian Association for Curriculum Studies, 8 (2).
- Krasny, K. (2009). Intentional threads: Connecting the ordinary in autobiographical and fictional narratives. . In P. Burke (Ed) (Ed.), Women and pedagogy: Education through autobiographical narrative. . Troy, NY: Educators' International Press
- Krasny, K., & Sadoski, M. (2008). Mental imagery and affect in English/French bilingual readers: A cross-linguistic perspective. Canadian Modern Language Review, 64 (3), 399-428.
- Krasny, K. (2007). Seeking the affective and the imaginative in the act of reading: Embodied consciousness and the evolution of the moral self. . In D. Vokey (Ed) (Ed.), Philosophy of Education 2006 (pp. 429-437). Normal, IL:
- Slattery, P., Krasny, K., O'Malley, M. (2007). Hermeneutics aesthetics, and the quest for answerability: A dialogic possibility for reconceptualizing the interpretive process in curriculum studies. Journal of Curriculum Studies, 39 (5), 537-558.
- Krasny, K., Sadoski, M., & Paivio, A. (2007). Unwarranted return: A response to McVee, Dunsmore and Gavelek's "Schema theory revisited. Review of Educational Research, 77 (2), 239-244.
- Krasny, K. (2006). Prophetic voices: Three books to encourage us to listen beyond historical silence. An essay review of Places of Learning: Media, architecture, pedagogy, by Elizabeth Ellsworth, New York, Routledge, 2005, Ethics and the Foundations of Education: Teaching Convictions in a Postmodern World, by Patrick. Curriculum Inquiry, 36 (1), 93-106.
- Krasny, K. (2006). Into a new light: Re-envisioning educational possibilities for biography Language and Literacy: A Canadian Educational E-Journal, 8 (2), 1-28.
- Krasny, K. (2006). Love and evil as A complicated kindness: Moral ambiguity and the novel.. Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy, 2 (2), 86-89.
- Krasny, K. (2005). Reconstructing Romania: An autobiographical account of foreign adoption. A readers' theatre in five voices. . Journal for the Association for Research in Mothering, 7 (2), 154-167.
- Krasny, K. (2004). Cognitive perspectives in reading: A comparison of Sadoski and Paivio's dual coding theory and Vygotsky's social constructivist theory. . Reading Manitoba, 24 (2), 4-10.
Diasporic narratives and national identities: Contesting historical writing in post-Soviet Ukraine
Role: Principal Investigator
Amount funded: $61,096
Year Funded: 2009
Funded by: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- York-Massey Visiting Scholar, Massey College, University of Toronto - 2017-2018
- Standard Research Grant, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) - 2008-2011
- Canadian Association for Curriculum Studies: Past President 2011-2013 President 2009-2011 1st Vice President 2008-2009 2nd Vice President 2008-2009 Conference Program Chair 2005, 2006, 2007
- Journal of the Canadian Association for Curriculum Studies: Co-Editor-in-Chief, 2008-2012