PhD - York University
Location(s) / Contact Info:
Winters College - WC
Phone: 416-736-2100 Ext. 30733
Website: The Beyond Bullying ProjectAvailable to supervise graduate students
Currently taking on work-study students, Graduate Assistants or Volunteers
Available to supervise undergraduate thesis projects
Jen Gilbert's research interests include sexuality education, youth studies, and LGBTQ issues in education.
Faculty & School/Dept
- Faculty of Education -
- Adolescent Development & Health (ED/EDFE 1101)
- Research Methods in Educational Studies (ED/EDST 3800)
- Research and Issues in Language, Culture and Teaching (GS/EDUC 5100)
- Sexualities and Education (GS/EDUC 5425)
- Student-Initiated Collaborative Inquiry (ED/EDUC 3998)
- Sharon Lamb, Jen Gilbert, eds. (fort). The Cambridge Handbook of Sexual Development: Childhood and Adolescence. Cambridge University Press
- Julia Sinclair- Palm, Jen Gilbert (2018). Naming new realities: supporting trans youth in education. (Jen Gilbert, Julia Sinclair-Palm, Ed.) Sex Education, 18 (4). doi:https://doi.org/10.1080/14681811.2018.1452347.
- Jen Gilbert, Jessica Fields, Laura Mamo, Nancy Lesko (2018). Intimate Possibilities: The Beyond Bullying Project and Stories of LGBTQ Sexuality and Gender in U.S. Schools. Harvard Educational Review.
- Jen Gilbert, Jessica Fields, Laura Mamo, Nancy Lesko (2017). Tending Toward Friendship: LGBTQ Sexualities in Schools. Sexualities.
- Jen Gilbert (2014). Sexuality in School: The Limits of Education. Minneapolis: Univeristy of Minnesota Press
Between Yes and No: Rethinking Discourses of Consent in Sex Education
Role: Principal Investigator
Year Funded: 2017
Funded by: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)