Faculty & School/Dept
- Current Practices in Community Engagement and Innovation (GS/EDUC 7030)
- Educating for Activism (ED/EDST 4010)
- Families and Schools (GS/EDUC 5480)
- Race, Culture and Schooling (GS/EDUC 5420)
- Teaching for Diverse & Equitable Classrooms in Ontario (ED/EDFE 3100)
- Shah, V., Grimaldos, D. (2022). Lies, denials, and cover-ups: The pervasiveness of whiteness in school districts relations with Black and racialized parents Urban Education. doi:https://doi.org/10.1177/00420859221095004.
- Shah, V., Aoudeh, N., Cuglievan-Mindreau, G., & Flessa, J. (2022). Subverting whiteness and amplifying anti-racisms: mid-level district leadership for racial justice Journal of School Leadership. doi:https://doi.org/10.1177/10526846221095752.
- Shah, V., Cuglievan-Mindreau, G., & Flessa, J. (2022). Reflecting on race: Reviewing 25 years of district leadership in Ontario Canadian Journal of Education Administration and Policy (198), 35-54.
- Shah, V. (2021). In/Visible POC: Narratives of a Brown professor in teacher education Cultural Studies ↔ Critical Methodologies, 22 (2), 204-213. doi:https://doi.org/10.1177/15327086211051787.
- Shah, V. (2021). The case against exoticism: Troubling "identity" in identity-based data collection. In S. Schecter & C. James (Eds.), Critical approaches toward a cosmopolitan education (pp. 101-118). Routledge
- Shah. V. (2020). The (un)intended outcomes of educational policy for equity on family and community engagement. In S. Winton & G. Parekh (Eds.), Critical perspectives on education policy and schools, families and communities (pp. 161-182). Charlotte, NC, United States: Information Age Publishing
- Shah, V & Peek, M. (2020). Mythologies of "we": Whiteness in cross-racial solidarity work19 (1), 41-54.
- Shah, V. (2019). Calling in the self: Centering Socially Engaged Buddhism in critical pedagogy through personal narrative The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy, 10 (2), 45-67.
- Shah, V (2018). Different numbers, different stories: Problematizing "gaps" in Ontario and the TDSB Canadian Journal of Educational Administration and Policy (187), 31-47.
- Shah, V. (2018). Leadership for social justice through the Lens of Self- Identified, Racially and Other-Privileged Leaders Journal of Global Citizenship & Equity Education, 6 (1).
- OISE Leaders and Legends - Mentor of the Year Award, OISE/UT - 2022