PhD - York University
Location(s) / Contact Info:
282A, Winters College - WC
Phone: 416-736-2100 Ext. 30733
Website: The Beyond Bullying ProjectAvailable to supervise graduate students
Currently taking on work-study students, Graduate Assistants or Volunteers
Available to supervise undergraduate thesis projects
Jen Gilbert's research interest include sexuality education, LGBTQ issues in education, and psychoanalytic theories of teaching and learning.
Faculty & School/Dept
- Faculty of Education -
- Professional Skills and Development in Education (GS/EDUC 5895)
- Sexualities and Education (GS/EDUC 5425)
- Jessica Fields, Jen Gilbert and Michelle Miller (fort). Sexuality and Education. In John DeLameter and Rebecca Plante (Eds.), Handbook of Sexualities. New York : Springer
- Jen Gilbert (2014). Sexuality in School: The Limits of Education. Minneapolis: Univeristy of Minnesota Press
- Jessica Fields, Laura Mamo, Jen Gilbert and Nancy Lesko (2014). Beyond Bullying. Contexts, 80-83.
- Jen Gilbert (2010). Ambivalence-Only? Sex Education in the Age of Abstinence. Sex Education, 10 (3), 233-237.
- Jen Gilbert (2004). Literature as Sex Education. Changing English, 11 (2), 233-242.
Beyond Bullying: Reframing LGBTQ Sexuality and Youth in Schools
Year Funded: 2012
Funded by: Ford Foundation