Research that makes a difference goes beyond the walls of the University and extends into communities where it will have the greatest impact. Part of our success is our ability to collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines at York and to forge meaningful partnerships with the community including schools, school boards and other organizations.
Our research priorities include
- Curriculum, teaching and learning
- Education policy, leadership and teacher development
- Social, philosophical, historical and theoretical studies in education
- Community engagement and social innovation
- Digital culture and technologies in education.
Our research reflects the values that underlie our Faculty
- Diversity of research and scholarly interests
- Varied research methodologies
- Advocacy, public outreach and social justice
- Equity and inclusiveness
We invite you to browse our Research website which showcases ongoing research in the Faculty. Please get in touch with us for more information.