International Practicum Placement (IPP)
Students in the Bachelor of Education (BEd) and Bachelor of Education (Technological Education) and Graduate Program in Education program can apply for the opportunity to participate to complete a on-month teaching placement in an international location. This opportunity is in addition to the experience required in Ontario schools for the BEd degree. Spaces are limited.
- People’s Republic of China
Teaching placements take place for the entire month of May
Students who are enrolled in the Faculty of Education's concurrent BEd model, concurrent BEd, Technological Education or Bachelor of Arts (Educational Studies) are able to apply to participate in exchange programs. Students in the Graduate Program in Education may be eligible to participate; check with the Graduate Program Director to confirm!
Scheduled each year from approximately April to the end of July concurrent BEd, concurrent BEd, Technological Education or Bachelor of Arts (Educational Studies) can take university credit courses towards both their Education and other concurrent degree. Courses are offered in English, German or French.
Students in the Graduate Program in Education may be eligible to participate; check with the Graduate Program Director to confirm!
Students who are enrolled any undergraduate program the Faculty of Education can apply to participate in the York International Internship Program (YIIP), which is facilitated through York International. There are a number of teaching and teaching-related placements.
Funding from York University may be available to help students offset the cost of participation. Find full details on the York International Internship Program. Please note that there is a competitive application process to participate. Participating in the York internship as a part of the BEd degree program will help students to earn the Specialization in International Education.
Specialization in International Education
We are living, working, and teaching in a global community. In order to help new teachers prepare, students registered in York University’s Bachelor of Education (BEd) program can now participate in a Specialization in International Education as a part of their degree. This specialization will be noted on students’ transcripts, which can help them demonstrate their preparation for teaching both in Ontario and internationally!
How to qualify?
In order to qualify for this Specialized Option, students must complete all of the following:
- Complete elective courses that have an international focus
- Complete an international learning opportunity through York University (including an internship, exchange program, or other international York-offered teaching-based program)
- Students who complete all of the requirements and submit their application form on time will receive an additional transcript notation, acknowledging their completion of the Specialization Option in International Education.
- York University students can only earn one Specialization on their transcripts.
- Students must complete degree requirements as a priority; the Specialization may require that additional elective course(s) be completed if specific electives are required for the degree (e.g., numeracy elective, literacy elective).
For more information, contact the Student Academic Services Office, Faculty
of Education, York University by phone at 416-736-2100 ext. 55001 or by
email at firstname.lastname@example.org.