Student Accommodations and Other Supports

Student Accommodations

Students who require accommodations in their classes and/or practicum placements should make an appointment with Counselling and Disability Services (CDS) at York University before the start of classes. CDS offers pre-university transition support, which may be of interest to students and their families.

After their appointment(s) with CDS, eligible students may receive a letter outlining the accommodation(s) that they require in each class.

It is each student’s responsibility to communicate with each of their Course Directors and to show them the letter in order to request accommodations.

Other Supports

English as a Second Language (ESL) Support - The ESL Open Learning Centre offers support to students whose first language is not English.