York University recognizes the critical role of leadership in Ontario’s public education sector and has tailored the Principals Qualification Program (PQP) Part 1 and Part 2 to meet the specific needs of educators inspired by the career opportunities that lie ahead.
Who Should Attend
Any OCT certified Ontario teacher who has completed a minimum of five school years of successful classroom teaching experience in a school providing elementary or secondary education and meets the eligibility criteria as stipulated by the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Developed and written by experienced leaders recognized as members of Canada's Outstanding Principals
- Draws on the immense research of faculty and practical experience of course leaders
- Actively involves educators in practical aspects of the role and current issues facing school administrators
- Challenges participants to embrace innovation, think and act with creativity and ingenuity, and to be in constant pursuit of excellence
- Program is fully accredited by the Ontario College of Teachers and undergoes regular review and renewal
What PQP offers
- A wide variety of course delivery options
- Multiple locations and on-line options
- Opportunities to meet with candidates from other boards to share experiences and knowledge
- Access to high quality guest speakers
- A progressive delivery model grounded in the principles of adult learning
Prerequisites and Eligibility
To become a principal in a publicly funded school in Ontario, teachers are required to complete the Principal's Qualification Program, Part 1 and Part 2. For a comprehensive list of program requirements and how to qualify for each of the courses, see the Eligibility Requirements.
Program Dates & Fees
Offered in the Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer sessions at York University and at various off-campus locations in the GTA and beyond. See the Academic Calendar, for a year-at-a-glance view of session dates and course offerings.
Course Fee: $850.00
For dates, locations and session offerings, search from the list of available courses.
- Ineligible candidates:
- Applicants who do not meet prerequisites requirements will be deemed ineligible for admission and fees refunded subject to a $50 non-refundable amount.
- Withdrawals requested by candidates:
- Withdrawals are effective on the date the signed withdrawal notice is received in our office and fees refunded subject to the non-refundable amounts below:
- $150 - Before course begins
- $250 - After course begins