Course Director, Director Teaching Commons
BA English and American Literature - Nottingham University, UK; M.Ed - Birmingham University, UK; Ed.D - Birmingham University, UK
Location(s) / Contact Info:
1046, Technology Enhanced Learning - TEL
Phone: 416-736-2100 Ext. 55922
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAvailable to supervise graduate students
Faculty & School/Dept
- Faculty of Education -
- Teaching and Learning in PSE, a study of traditional and emerging pedagogies including lectures, online learning, adult learning and student centred teaching (GS/EDUC 5414)
- D. Baume and C. Popovic (editors) (2016). Advancing Practice in Academic Development . (Popovic, C. and Baume, D., Eds.) LondonUK: Routledge
- Popovic, C. (2015). Chapter 3.2 The Master's Experience in Canada. In Kneale, P.E. (Ed.), Master's Level Learning Teaching and Assessment: Issues in Design and Delivery. LondonUK: Palgrave
- Popovic, C. (2015). Enhancing Learning and Teaching in Education:engaging with the dimensions of practice,. In Lea, J. Enhancing Learning and Teaching in Education:engaging with the dimensions of practice,. MaidenheadUK: OUP
- Popovic, C. and Fisher, E. (2015). Reflections on a professional development course for educational developers Innovations in Education and Teacnhing International.
- Popovic, C. and Winningham, K. (2014). Chapter 10 Fostering Students Employability and Community Engagement. In Brown, S. (Ed.), Learning Teaching and Assessment in Higher Education: Global Perspectives. LondonUK: Palgrave
- Popovic, C. (2014). Educational Development in Canada and the UK. Educational Developments, 15 (3), 26-27.
- Popovic, C. and Green, D. (2012). Understanding Undergraduates. LondonUK: Routledge
- Popovic, C., Lamb, J. and Dunne, E. (2012). Sustainability and Employability in Educational Development. In Cotton, D. and Sterling, S. (Eds.), Putting the 'S' into ED: A Collection of Case Studies of Education for Sustainable Development in Educational Development in the UK. LondonUK: SEDA
- Popovic, C. (2010). Exchanges and visits as CPD for educational developers. Educational Developments, 11 (2), 17-18.
- Hill A., Popovic C., Morton N., Lawton R. and Eland J. (2010). Creating future-proof graduates using scenario based learning. In Errington, E. (Ed.), Preparing Graduates for the Professions using Scenario Based Learning. BrisbaneAustralia: Post Pressed Publications
- Popovic, C. (2010). Myth busting: An examination of teachers' beliefs about first year medical students. How well do teachers know their students?. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 47 (2).
- Ellis, D., Chu, S., Popovic, C. Rolheiser, C., Sheffield, S., Woolf, P. (2016, June). Learning from External Reviews: A Lever for Change in Teaching Centres. Presented at: Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE)
- C. Popovic and M. Frake-Mistak (2016, February). Action Learning Sets – How to cultivate a SoTL research community. Presented at: 30 minute presentation, Educational Developers’ Caucus, Windsor, Ontario
- C. Popovic, N.May and M. Frake-Mistak (2016, February). Developing the new developer: sharing critical paths to educational development. Presented at: 90 minute workshop, Educational Developers’ Caucus, Windsor, Ontario
- C. Popovic, M. Frake-Mistak, G. Maheux-Pelletier (2015, December). Action Learning Sets – How to cultivate a SoTL research community. Presented at: 2 hour workshop/paper at McMaster University’s Research on Teaching & Learning: Cultivating Communities conference
- D.Baume and C.Popovic (2015, November). Being a scholarly academic developer. Presented at: 45 minute paper presented at SEDA Conference, Cardiff, UK
- C.Popovic, JP Foxe and M. Frake-Mistak (2015, November). Instructional Skills Workshops: what are they and how do we know they work?. Presented at: 45 minute paper presented at SEDA Conference, Cardiff, UK
- F. Campbell and C. Popovic (2015, June). Reaching the high notes: Evidencing your leadership in learning and teaching. Presented at: 60 minute individual paper presented at STLHE Conference, Vancouver, BC
- V. Neal and C. Popovic (2015, June). Cultural assumptions about pedagogy and educational development. Presented at: 45 minute individual paper presented at STLHE Conference, Vancouver, BC
- SEDA - Staff and Educational Development Association
- EDC - Educational Developers' Caucus: Vice Chair Conferences Member of EDC Executive Chair of the EDC Accreditation Committee
York University Affiliations/Cross Appointments
- Teaching Commons: Director