Wednesdays: January 9 - April 10. 2013 (7 - 9:00 pm)
NOTE: THIS COURSE IS OPEN ONLY TO YORK UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF EDUCATION STUDENTS. THIS COURSE IS NOT EQUIVALENT TO THE RELIGIOUS EDUCATION, PART 1 ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION.
Welcome to Religious Education: Teaching in Catholic Schools. This course is intended to introduce pre-service Teacher Candidates to professional practice and to extend knowledge and skills in the delivery of Ontario Catholic curriculum. The course is 36 hours in length and is comprised of 10 hours online and thirteen two-hour face-to-face sessions. This course answers the question, "What do I need to know to begin teaching in Ontario Catholic Schools?" Consequently, this course:
- promotes an understanding of teaching as a vocation rooted in the call to Christian ministry,
- creates an awareness of the context of Ontario Catholic educatio
- develops skills that enhance the integration of Catholic Graduate Expectations in the classroom and throughout the school.
- fosters professional knowledge of Religious and Family Life Education, and
- assists teachers in the acquisition of the theological background and skills necessary for the implementation of the Religious Education and Family Life curriculum.
Critical to the implementation of this course is the modeling of a positive learning environment that reflects care, professional knowledge, ethical practice, leadership and ongoing learning.
Withdrawal deadline: Tuesday, January 24, 2012. Course fee is fully refunded less $50 non-refundable amount up to and including January 24, 2012. No withdrawals or refunds after January 24, 2012.