International Practicum Placement (IPP) for Consecutive Students
Each year, students in the Consecutive Education Program can apply for the opportunity to participate to complete their final teaching placement in an international location, rather than in an Ontario school.
- People’s Republic of China
Teaching placements take place for the entire month of May
Students who are enrolled in the Faculty of Education's Concurrent program are able to apply to participate in exchange programs.
Takes place each year in approximately April to July and students can take university credit courses towards both their Education and other concurrent degree. Courses are offered in English, German or French
Students who are enrolled in the Faculty of Education's Concurrent program are able to apply to participate in the York International Internship Program (YIIP), which is facilitated through York International. There are a number of teaching and teaching-related placements.
Funding from York University may be available to help students offset the cost of participation. Find full details on the York International Internship Program. Please note that there is a competitive application process to participate. Participating in the York internship as a part of the BEd degree program will help students to earn the Specialization in International Education.
Specialization in International Education
We are living, working, and teaching in a global community. In order to help new teachers prepare, students registered in York University’s Concurrent Education program can now participate in a Specialization Option in International Education as a part of their Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree. This specialization will be noted on students’ transcipts, which
can help them demonstrate their preparation for teaching both in Ontario and internationally!
How to qualify?
In order to qualify for this Specialized Option, students must complete all of the following:
- Complete elective courses that have an international focus
- Complete an international learning opportunity through York University (including an internship, exchange program, or other international York-offered teaching-based program)
- Complete a minimum of 32 hours of co-curricular experience with an international education focus
- Students who complete all of the requirements and submit their application form on time will receive an additional transcript notation, acknowledging their completion of the Specialization Option in International Education.
For more information, contact the Student Academic Services Office, Faculty
of Education, York University by phone at 416-736-2100 ext. 55001 or by
email at firstname.lastname@example.org.