Successful instruction and assessment in Ontario schools requires a thoughtful plan that considers issues of equity and inclusivity with intention, and sets high expectations for achievement. The goal of this module is to demystify the process of moving from a standardized curriculum to creating opportunities for student learning that reflect the rich diversity of interests and learning styles in a particular school community. This module explores how to design instructional and assessment processes that lead to inclusive and engaging classrooms.
Participants will work through the process of:
- Planning in principles of equity and inclusivity
- Clustering and deconstructing expectations
- Writing meaningful learning goals and correlated success criteria
- Thinking about mini-lessons and a diverse array of instructional strategies
- Preparing authentic, descriptive feedback and opportunities for diverse assessment
- Engaging in collaborative inquiry
Offered in a fully online format
Consists of 36 instructional hours
A Certificate of Completion is awarded at the conclusion of the program
Dates & How to Register
For actual dates, locations and session offerings, search from the list of available courses.
$275 + $35.75 HST= $310.75
Withdrawals are effective on the date withdrawal notice is received and course fees
refunded subject to $50 non-refundable amount. No withdrawals or refunds on or after the
course start date.