A joint Schulich Executive Education & Faculty of Education program
This 21st Century Executive Leadership Certificate Program has been designed by experts from York University’s Schulich Executive Education Centre and the Faculty of Education’s Professional Learning Unit. The four day program brings best practices from multiple disciplines to engage Ontario’s school leaders in inquiry learning that will take them to the next level of leadership in education. Download program brochure
Day 1 - LEADERSHIP
- Leadership creating clear meaning and fostering high performance
- Leader Role Models that lead to stakeholder accountability
- Creating a Leadership Environment throughout the entire organization
- Develop a global orientation - Look at global demands and vision of education
Day 2 - STRATEGY
- Thinking and acting strategically
- Learning how to navigate conflicting stakeholder interests
- Leveraging partnerships and stakeholder relations
- Bringing good management practice to education
Day 3 – LEADERSHIP PRESENCE
- Influencing skills and Influencing UP in your organization
- Social Intelligence
- Using your power and political savvy to influence
- Mentoring others with a hands on approach
Day 4 – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION
- Developing and Fostering creativity “best practices” - The importance of looking outside your environment for best practices that can be applied into education
- The process of innovation & where creativity fits in
- Innovation - Examining how we can identify cultural leadership styles as sources of innovation
- Why constraints are valuable enablers for innovation
- Achieving measurable results in the process of creative innovation
Cy Charney is one of the Schulich School of Business, York University’s top instructors. As a leading Canadian thought leader in the area of organizational performance, Cy has developed a variety of unique interventions to help organizations in both the private and public sector become leaders in their field. He delivers a practical approach with enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humor. He is also a seasoned trainer who customizes a variety of programs always with the intention of adding value to internal and external customers. He is an acknowledged leader in the area of self-directed learning having created a unique system of team learning called Peer MentoringTM which is used by organizations around the world. When not at SEEC, Cy is hard at work being a top Canadian consultant for his clients which include a number of Fortune 500 companies and government departments around the world.
Suzie Labonne is consultant in management with a focus on change and organizational development. She helps clients with deep transformation initiatives both through redesign and change management. Her areas of expertise include Human Resources, Organization Development, Training and Development, Facilitation, Talent Management, Business process redesign, and Coaching and Mentoring. She has 30 years of experience in Human Resources and in Management, in the corporate environment as well as consulting. She previously was VP and Managing Director of R3D Consulting Inc., VP HR Planning and Practices at ING Canada as well as numerous roles in Human Resources and in Management. She has been involved with Non-profit organizations in the education sector, as a mentor with young women at risk and is the Chair of the Toronto Chapter of CATA Women in Technology. She holds a bachelor degree in Business Administration.
Lee-Anne McAlear is Program Director, Centre of Excellence in Applied Innovation Management for the Schulich Executive Education Centre, York University. Lee-Anne is an experienced facilitator, writer, consultant and speaker with a background in innovation, leadership development, strategic planning and team effectiveness.She has worked with teams around the world (27 countries, five continents) in many forums (planning and training sessions, conferences, key note speaking etc.) and in many sectors, both public and private. Lee-Anne has been responsible for delivering an extensive range of award-winning training initiatives; facilitating executive teams through strategic planning and consulting in the area of innovation. Lee-Anne has led a number of leadership conferences for clients as diverse as Johnson & Johnson, Baxter Health Care, Rich’s Food Group International, CIBC, Fidelity Investments and Ontario Heart and Stroke.
Who Should Attend
Principals and Vice Principals
- Offered in a fully face to face format
- Limited class size to maximize group interaction and networking
- Offered over two weekends
- A Certificate of Completion is awarded at the conclusion of the program
For actual dates, locations and session offerings, search from our list of courses.
$2500 + $325 HST = $2825
$1500 + $195 HST = $1695 (York Cooperative Member Boards only. Request promo code.)
September 15, 2015
Withdrawals are effective on the date the withdrawal notice is received and course fees refunded subject to $150 non-refundable amount.
No withdrawals or refunds on or after the course start date.
Registrants are advised that parts or all of the in-class sessions may be photographed and/or digitally recorded where the intended use may be to reproduce, use, exhibit, display, broadcast and distribute these images and recordings in any media for promoting or publicizing the Faculty of Education, York University and their activities for administrative, educational or research purposes. Photographs, video images and voice recordings are the property of York University.