The Graduate Diploma in Language & Literacy Education invites students with an interest in language and literacy to explore what it means to develop citizens whose personal, economic, and intellectual lives are enhanced by advancing their skills in language and literacy.
Course thematics include:
- Oral language in classrooms
- Language and literacy in contexts
- Second language and multilingual education
- Language and literacy as practices
- Language and literacy for specific groups of learners (e.g., young children, special populations)
- Modalities and literacy
- Children’s literature
- The processes of and teaching of reading and writing.