Starting Summer 2019! The online Graduate Diploma in Mathematics Education is a direct entry program offered to a special cohort of students. The online model is designed for practicing teachers, administrators, or members of the community who are involved in developing mathematical literacies and whose work schedule or long commute prevent them from attending classes on campus. The program offers students an in-depth study of research and practice in Mathematics Education. All coursework is available online and provides enriched mathematical experiences in content and pedagogy across curricular divisions.
The online Graduate Diploma is a 15-credit stand-alone program consisting of five courses that focus on:
- Promoting appreciation for research informed practice
- Fostering culture of teaching mathematics for understanding
- Engaging in hands-on learning of research design
- Conducting small, independently chosen, research projects
- Integrating emerging technologies in teaching and learning
Throughout the program students will engage in various learning activities, discussions, and hands-on research projects. They will collaborate with each other and work closely with our experienced faculty.
Online Program Model:
- One online course is delivered each term (Summer-Fall-Winter-Summer terms)
- Students participate as a cohort on a part-time basis
[Please note that the Graduate Diploma in Mathematics Education is also offered in a traditional (face-to-face) format at the Keele Street campus as a stand-alone diploma or concurrently with an MEd or PhD in Education.]
Admissions to this cohort will take place every other year.
How can you benefit from this program?
- Gain knowledge of the contemporary thought in mathematics education research
- Develop an understanding of how research findings inform current teaching practices
- Build expertise in researching your own classroom practice
- Become more confident in your teaching practice and gain credentials to publish, consult, or lead
- Prepare for future graduate studies in Education
The program consists of the following courses:
We are currently accepting applications for the 2019-20 academic year. The application deadline is March 13, 2019 for summer 2019 term.
For information on admission requirements click on this link
To apply now click on this link and then click on "Apply Now" red button towards the top right of the page.
Applicants must indicate that they are applying to the Stand-Alone Direct-Entry Graduate Diploma for the Online Special Cohort.
Admissions for this cohort will take place every two years.