High School Applicants to the Pre-Education Direct Entry Program
- Current Ontario High School applicants apply through the OUAC on the 101 application. Select both the York Faculty that you are applying to and the BEd program.
- Students must submit their application for admissions to the OUAC by mid-January to be considered for this program.
- Current High School applicants studying outside of Ontario (includes out of province and international High School students) or students who have completed their High School diploma but have not attended a post-secondary institution need to apply through the OUAC on the 105 application. After applying through the 105 OUAC application and receiving a York reference number please submit the Faculty of Education Direct Entry (Pre Education) Concurrent Form (PDF). Deadline to apply is February 1, 2018.
- Complete the Supplementary Form and the Online Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- All Pre-Education Direct Entry applicants are required to submit an online supplementary form which includes an experience profile, experience summary, personal statement and two online letters of recommendation. As well, all applicants who submit the online supplementary form will be required to pay a $50.00 non-refundable processing fee. Information on the online supplementary form and payment process will be available on MyFile when filling out the online supplementary form.
Concurrent BEd - Upper year entrance for 2018
York students wishing to be considered for the Concurrent BEd program log into York U MyFile and submit the online supplementary form which includes an experience hours/summary, personal statement and two online letters of reference.
Deadline: March 31, 2018
In order to apply for the Concurrent BEd program, a York student will need to have successfully completed a minimum of 60 credits (if applying to the Primary/Junior or Junior/Intermediate division and pursuing a 90 credit York degree) or 90 credits (if applying to Primary/Junior, Junior/Intermediate or Intermediate/Senior division and pursuing a 120 credit York degree) and have a minimum of 30 credits remaining in their undergraduate degree. Students must have a minimum overall gpa of C+ or a 5.00 grade point average by May 2016 in their academic Faculty to be eligible for co registration in any one of the three basic programs. Students wishing to graduate with a three-year bachelor program degree from their academic Faculty are eligible to apply to the Primary/Junior or Junior/Intermediate programs only.
Our Concurrent BEd program allows you to work toward your education degree while at the same time completing most other York undergraduate degrees.
The academic bachelor degree program, normally requiring three or four years for completion, will require five or six years respectively, when taken concurrently with the bachelor of education degree program. Teacher Candidates beginning ED 1 in 2018 will be required to complete 4 semesters of course work, including the minimum 80 days of classroom teaching experience.
Example of the program
|YEAR AT YORK||FALL||WINTER|
|Year ONE||HOME FACULTY
(if admitted from high shool) Pre-Ed ED1000 course
|HOME FACULTY &
(of admitted from high school) Pre-Ed ED1000 course
|Year TWO||HOME FACULTY||HOME FACULTY|
|Year THREE||HOME FACULTY||HOME FACULTY|
|Year FIVE||HOME FACULTY||HOME FACULTY|