“Technological innovation influences all areas of life, from the daily lives of individuals to the work of business and government, to interactions on a global scale. It helps meet basic human needs and provides tools for improving people’s lives and exploring new frontiers.”
The Ontario Curriculum Grades 11 and 12, Technological Education, Ontario Ministry of Education
Graduates will be qualified to teach one of the following technological subjects at the Intermediate/Senior (grades 9 to 12) certification levels:
- Communication Technology
- Computer Technology
- Construction Technology
- Green Industries
- Hairstyling & Aesthetics
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Manufacturing Technology
- Technological Design
- Transportation Technology
The Faculty offers both a Consecutive and Concurrent BEd in Technological Education.
*Click here for a list of three year Advanced College Diplomas.
How To Apply
Students apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) website.
Deadline to apply is June 1.
Open to York University students who are pursuing a degree in a related technology field* who are currently in the third year of their program. Applicants are required to have a minimum of a “B” average and a minimum of two years of work-related experience in the area of their degree prior to graduating from the York BEd Technological Education program.
*Click here for a list of York Degree programs.
How To Apply
York students submit the Faculty of Education online supplementary application form which includes an experience hours/summary, personal statement and two online letters of reference. The supplementary application form is available through York U MyFile.
Deadline to apply is March 31.
Consecutive BEd Technological Education - June 1
Concurrent BEd Technological Education - March 31
Please contact the Office of Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-736-5001 for further details.
How can YOU benefit from a Bachelor of Education in Technological Education?
In school teaching:
- Currently, there may be teaching positions available in secondary schools throughout Ontario that require qualified teachers.
- Teaching is an excellent career path with great job security and benefits.
- You can choose to apply for positions in the teaching profession in Ontario at any time in your career by maintaining good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Opportunities may exist for teaching your subject across Canada and internationally.
Outside school teaching:
- Small, medium and large companies are searching for trainers in their organizations who have a teaching degree or background in education.
- There are opportunities to start your own training company.