The Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree qualifies successful graduates to teach in K-12 schools and to be recommended for certification with the Ontario College of Teachers. Our program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to enter the teaching profession as confident and effective teachers.
The BEd degree program is offered in two delivery models:
- Concurrent - Students complete two degrees at the same time at York University
- Students can apply as Direct Entry from high school or
- Students can apply as upper-year York University students
- Consecutive - Students have already completed one undergraduate degree and complete the BEd
Graduates of our BEd program can be certified to teach in Ontario in one of the following grade levels:
- Primary-Junior (JK to Grade 6)
- Junior-Intermediate (Grade 4 to Grade 10) or
- Intermediate-Senior (Grade 7 to Grade 12)
Note that the Faculty of Education also offers a Bachelor of Education (Technological Education).
- Program information can also be found in the York University undergraduate calendar
- International students can also join us!
- Find out about funding and bursaries
- Bachelor of Education (Consecutive Full-time) - December 1, 2017
- Bachelor of Education, Technological Education (Consecutive Full-time) – June 1, 2018
- Bachelor of Education (Pre-Education Direct Entry Concurrent Full-time) - mid-January 2018
- Bachelor of Education (Concurrent Full-time Upper-year York University students) - March 1, 2018